RSS

Beyonce & mom go to the prom

October 12, 2007 | Comments 29

Beyonce Knowles is going back to the prom. The singing superstar, who is the face of House Of Dereon, her mother Tina’s clothing line, will be modeling dresses fit for a teen. House Of Dereon has finally settled on releasing high-end contemporary dresses, with designs similar to Beyonce’s stage costumes from her performances as a solo singer and with Destiny’s Child.

Tina Knowles has been Beyonce’s stylist for her entire career. The designer told WWD, ‘I’ve lent designer dresses that the girls used to wear in Destiny’s Child to some of the girls in my youth center at my church. And I’ve also made dresses for some of them, so I’m so happy to have this line now, where many girls can buy my dresses.’ Tina continued, ‘I’ve always seen House of Deréon as a dress collection. But what happened was that we couldn’t find the right partner for dresses. Every time someone would come up with a line for us to look at, I would send it back. It just was never right.’

Beyonce is equally as proud of the new collection, which will retail between $120 and $300. She said, ‘I am so proud of these dresses and I enjoyed every moment I spent with my mother creating them. This collection, being incredibly elegant, sexy and wearable, embodies the spirit and style we’ve always embraced.’

Filed Under: News

RSSComments (29)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. [...] Michael Slezak wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptBeyonce Knowles is going back to the prom. The singing superstar, who is the face of House Of Dereon, her mother Tina’s clothing line, will be modeling dresses fit for a teen. House Of Dereon has finally settled on releasing high-end … [...]

2. ELIZABETH BRYANT says:

HEY B U ARE BLESSED I LIKE ALL YOUR SONGS,LET ME TELL U DID GET MY BODY THAT WAS GREAT THAT’S#1.

3. ELIZABETH BRYANT says:

THE DRESSES ARE SUPER AND PRETTY.

4. ELIZABETH BRYANT says:

THE DRESSES ARE SUPER AND PRETTY.YOUR MOM DO SUPER WORK SHE IS BLESS AND U. LIKE IN YOUR VIDEO FREAKUMDRESS THOSE ARE PRETTY.

5. Diamond says:

I think thats really great!!
    I love everything about you, and i will always love it..
    You are my idol..4 ever!
    You are IRREPLACEABLE..

Luv ya Beyoncé..

6. lihknowles says:

I think ur incredibly blessed
    i love all of ur songs, all of ur videos, all of ur movies, i love everything u do!
    your my idol 4ever! luv u !!

7. GYPBEE says:

THE DRESSES MUST B PRETTY

8. Trinetta says:

Beyonce i luv i liked u since i was 4 ur my idol 4eva always! Love love the phone!!

9. Adeline Gisselle says:

hey B i luv u so much u are so wonderful.

10. Francesca Adams says:

Where can I find the dresses?

11. Jazmine Earl says:

Beyonce and Mrs. Tina, your outfits that you have on line for prom are the most unique prom dress I’ve seen!

12. carol says:

i would love 4 u mrs. tina 2 make my prom dress

13. lina nunez says:

Wow ェ wish ェ had the chance 2 meet び nd mayb dance on stage wif び! but sum dreams dnt come tru…

14. kiana says:

hi, i wish i cud meet you and hang out with you .i also wish that you can design my prom dress .love ke ke

15. can i see more of this please

16. Nadine says:

Einen tollen Blog hast du hier, warum kannte ich den denn noch nicht. Naja jetzt habe ich Ihn gespeichert und werde in der naechsten Zeit oefters vorbei schauen. Bin auf jeden Fall schon auf deine neuen Posts gespannt.

17. Your post gave me some things to think about. I will definitely be back.

18. Maria Howard says:

prom dresses from JC Penney are great looking and cheap too.,”-

19. I’ve been looking for a site like this for a while.

20. Dylan Lopez says:

pink long gown dresses are also great prom dresses for all times. -~`

21. my bestfriend would always pick Pink prom dresses with lots of laces,:.

22. i always love to wear those long gown type of prom dresses, it makes me feel like i am a princess or something~`”

23. i like my girlfriend’s prom dress, it is a matte gold ball gown with lots of laces and ribbons.”;

24. Lloyd Keyton says:

Hey could I reference some of the content from this site if I link back to you?

25. Those types of reveals that is still there in the face of again. It was actually an interesting head and probably great for 6 or 7 assaults derived from one of year, yet still inexplicably any demonstrate to is still around. Why and how can be a secret. Including U . s . Helicopter. It does not take same more and more and older and also over each episoode precisely the same. Contrived differences some of the prisoners, strrr shipmates.

26. I will immediately seize your rss feed as I can’t find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly permit me realize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.