Beyonce Knowles Pictures
Beyonce Knowles Pictures

Beyonce to perform at Ethiopian millennium (22)16 / 07 / 2007

Beyonce Knowles will stage a day-long concert for the Ethiopian millennium to be celebrated on September 12 in Addis Ababa. Beyonce, who won the Grammy Award in 2001 and 2002, has been invited by Sheraton Addis, a luxury hotel in the Ethiopian capital. Sheraton Addis will pay Beyonce one million dollars and pay for the transportation of her band and equipment, APA learnt here on Monday. The 26-year-old singer is expected to be accompanied by other singers from the United States whose identity has not yet been made public. Sources told APA that Michael Jackson will also attend the Ethiopian millennium as a special guest together with other VIPs.

The Ethiopian millennium has been recognized by the African Union and United Nations as an African and worldwide celebration. Over 400,000 Ethiopians from the diaspora, tourists and other invited guests are expected to come to Ethiopia for the millennium celebrations. The Ethiopian calendar is eight years behind that used by most of the world. It is still 1999 in Ethiopia.

« Ms. Kelly Album Celebration | Main | Beyonce performance in Florida »

22 Responses to 'Beyonce to perform at Ethiopian millennium'

On August 22nd, 2007 at 4:22 pm Dawit says:

We can’t wait to see Beyonce in Addis. A new concert hall is being built for her.

On August 23rd, 2007 at 10:03 am E6 says:

hi evrbdy
this is E6 u know there was no female artist that perforemed in sheraton hotel .but u beyounce will rock da Ethiopian millenium.
it’s really a great news 4 ur funs including me
i will meet u their.
E6

On August 24th, 2007 at 3:13 pm muraga says:

thanks Beyonce.you coming my home lade canty ethiopia we love you and we respcte you also Beyonce you’r husbad jaze he did good job for africa thangs

On August 25th, 2007 at 7:08 am last city says:

What a wonderful news. I very happy to see her & to celebrate the great
millenuuium with great artist.

See you in Ethiopia.

On August 26th, 2007 at 3:41 am Henok Tilahun says:

Hi Beyonce,

I am still in surprise to read this news. I cannot still believe that you will be here on Sept 12. I am birn and raised up here in Addis Ababa and do you know how many fans you have here? Millions!!!

Please, come and celebrate our millennium together and let us enjoy.

See you then.

Henok Tilahun

On August 26th, 2007 at 3:43 am Henok Tilahun says:

Is it really true?

On August 26th, 2007 at 4:34 am Henok Tilahun says:

Hi Beyonce,

I am still in surprise to read this news. I cannot still believe that you will be here on Sept 12. I am born and raised up here in Addis Ababa and do you know how many fans you have here? Millions!!!

Please, come and celebrate our millennium together and let us enjoy.

See you then.

Henok Tilahun

On August 26th, 2007 at 10:55 am Fitsum says:

I will definetly going to wach this concert

On August 30th, 2007 at 7:32 am Nina says:

Hi, If beyonce comes to Ethiopia it will be fun. And of course if she really wann come to Ethiopia it is very easy for her. Beacause it is not a big deal that much

On August 30th, 2007 at 7:47 am Nina says:

We Ethiopian’s are very proud people and we don’t beg for people’s to sing on the concert but if they really do like who we are they will come anyways so it’s not a big deal whether Ms. Beyonce comes or not. All Ethiopian’s in the world have very nice holiday and happy new year for everyone.

On September 4th, 2007 at 5:59 pm varnario says:

is this really true? is she gonna cut her u.s. tour short?
or, is it just a story planted by the ethiopian government and or the sheraton hotel?

On September 10th, 2007 at 8:55 pm Gedyon Wolde says:

On September 10th, 2007 at 8:57 pm Gedyon Wolde says:

hi, beyonce i am so glad you are going to perform in addis ababa. even know i am not going to celebrate because of school, i am hoping i will beable to see you someday in new york. i love you very much beyonce. i enjoy all of your song. thank you for giving your fan a good time for a new year. enjoy Ethiopia

On October 3rd, 2007 at 2:50 pm wubshet says:

hala beyonce
i’m happy for my fellow
brothers in ethiopia that ur gonna perform there.enjoy ethiopia

On October 6th, 2007 at 12:09 pm rahel hailemariam says:

hi beyonce i am happy you are going to perform in ethiopia{aa}b/c i made crasy about you. you are lucy when you see our home land.thank you i wish you nive time.enjoy peerity Ethio.

On October 19th, 2007 at 7:48 am muluken says:

it would be a great occasion.
we love u beyonce

On October 19th, 2007 at 8:44 am G.T.M says:

Hi Beyonce,
I Love you More & more you know why? b/c you are Black!!!!!!1

On October 19th, 2007 at 10:33 am monas says:

Hi queen: Now you have come to the holly land of Africa. You must be as much happy as we are.We realy proud of you to see you in the capital of Africa.

On October 19th, 2007 at 1:09 pm Amir says:

not good time to perform.
the country has so many problems.reconsider.

On October 20th, 2007 at 8:01 am Haftom Berhe says:

Oh it is interesting to have u in our Capital ,I am one of ur international fans who attend everything ’bout u everytime ,but I am sorry I cant join ur party there ,cuz I hasnt that much money to get in there…anyway I love u I miss u & I appreciate u Go On our star

On October 20th, 2007 at 8:07 am Haftom Berhe says:

Sorry u can look about me clicking my name

On March 16th, 2008 at 1:53 pm shi says: